MCHS GRADUATION INFORMATION
11 days ago
Graduation Parade: Due to continued Covid related health restrictions, only graduates and their family members that accompany them in their vehicles will be allowed on campus for the drive through.
- Seniors should have their cap and gown on for the parade and drive-thru ceremony. Those without cap and gown will not be admitted to the high school campus for the drive thru ceremony. Be sure to have your tassel on the right, so that you can turn it at the "ceremony" at the end of the parade. This is a symbol of transition from a student to a graduate.
- Students may not have more than 3 family members with them in their vehicle.
- Line up starts at 9:00 - 9:45 am, on Saturday, May 23rd in the CMS North Parking lot. Graduates must check in as they enter the car lines up. No other family or cars will be allowed in the CMS or MCHS parking lot.
- The parade begins at 10:00 am led by a VFW Color Guard and School Board members.
- Route: CMS North Parking Lot; proceed down Yampa to Victory; turn right and proceed West on Victory; turn right and proceed north on Finley to MCHS.
- Students only (no family members) will exit their car and proceed across the staging area.
- Parents or family members will not be allowed to step out of the vehicle, but will be able to take photos from inside the vehicle.
- The graduate's name, and any awards (scholarships, military, etc) will be announced when the graduate gets out of the car and walks across the "stage".
- Diploma, scholarship awards and copies of the 2020 Graduation Program will be given to each graduate by the principal.
- A professional photographer will take a photo of the receipt of the diploma.
- Graduates will proceed across the staging area and stop to turn their tassel from right side to left side.
- Another photo will be taken of the graduate alone.
- The graduate will then return to the car with family and exit through the bus zone and onto Finley lane.
- A professional video will be created by Moffat County Proud and released via link and Facebook page at 8:00 am, Saturday, May 23. The Outstanding Senior Boy and Outstanding Senior Girl will be revealed at that time. Traditional graduation speeches from selected students and staff, as well as numerous Senior photos will be included in the video.
- Two professional photos from the "ceremony" will be mailed with original diplomas to graduates the first week of June.
- Yard Signs will be placed by MCHS staff at the homes of each graduate.
- Banners with the photo of each graduate will line the downtown streets of Craig. Reminder, this is FREE to the graduating seniors! (Thank you Identity Graphics) Parents of graduating seniors, if you haven't already done so, please contact Identity Graphics to ensure your student has a banner.
- Moffat County Proud will produce a "Class of 2020 Video" featuring each graduate and some of the traditions of our graduation ceremony.
- MCHS will host a Graduation Parade on Sat, May 23rd! The parade will begin at 10:00AM and will conclude with a mini drive-by ceremony at the high school for each individual Senior that can include no more than 3 family members. Live streaming will be provided so that all family and friends of each graduate can watch from the comfort of their own homes.